In fact, custom made products are the majority of our work at Hall Screenprints.
Please contact us to discuss your ideas and we will be more than happy to offer advice and help you through the design process so you receive a great result.
We accept whatever you can give us – photos from your mobile phone are a good start.
However, in order of preference:
- We LOVE vector files. Common extensions for these include AI, EPS, SVG, CDR, and some PDF files.
- We ADORE high resolution and lossless images like PNG, TIFF. The bigger, the better!
- Original documents in formats like Microsoft Word .DOCX, Excel .XLSX are good.
- Low resolution JPGs and GIFs make it difficult to achieve the best results and make us a little sad.
This page has an excellent description: Click here.
To quote them:
Raster images use many colored pixels or individual building blocks to form a complete image. JPEGs, GIFs and PNGs are common raster image types. Almost all of the photos found on the web and in print catalogs are raster images.
Because raster images are constructed using a fixed number of colored pixels, they can’t be dramatically resized without compromising their resolution. When stretched to fit a space they weren’t designed to fill, their pixels become visibly grainy and the image distorts. This is why altered photos may appear pixelated or low resolution.
Vector images, alternatively, allow for more flexibility. Constructed using mathematical formulas rather than individual colored blocks, vector file types such as EPS, AI and PDF* are excellent for creating graphics that frequently require resizing. Your company logo and brand graphics should be created as a vector and saved as a master file so you can use it with smaller items such as your business card and letterhead, but also on larger surfaces, such as your corporate jet.
If our online shop is not convenient for you, please contact us and we’ll be more than happy to send you an invoice.
For schools we are more than happy to invoice and then wait for your payment though the state purchasing system.
In Queensland, our OneSchool Vendor ID is S20065901.
For NSW, our NSWBuy Vendor ID is 100443872.
If you would like us to be added to your state’s purchasing system, please contact us.
We accept Credit and Debit cards, PayPal and bank deposit. Cheques accepted by arrangement.
Bank name: Bendigo Bank
Account name: Hall Screenprints
Account number: 153 805 270
Please choose PayPal checkout to pay using your credit card.
Of course! We provide a valid tax invoice with every order.
The tax invoice is sent by email as your goods are dispatched, and a hard copy is included with your order.
Our ABN is 59 544 658 945.
You are more than welcome to checkout as a guest.
Creating an account lets you access your order history, leave product reviews and so on.
For standard items, we nearly always ships your order on the day of receipt. However, as noted in product listings, 1 business day handling is sometimes required – perhaps you managed to catch us just when stocks are low!
For custom made products, standard lead times are 2 weeks for ribbons and 3 weeks for pennants. This gives us plenty of time to squeeze in urgent orders, please let us know if you require sooner.
We have a flexible and responsive shipping policy, aimed at getting your order to you quickly and cheaply. Costs for shipping are calculated and displayed during checkout.
Unless arranged otherwise:
- Orders up to 150 ribbons are always sent in an Australia Post envelope. Delivery from Brisbane to all parts of Australia depends on Australia Post’s timeframes, usually 3 to 4 business days but can take 6 business days or longer. No tracking is available for orders sent in envelopes.
- Orders above 150 ribbons and for other products are sent either via Australia Post or by selected couriers, depending on cost. If sent by courier, Couriers Please is nearly always used. Tracking is available and delivery is usually fast, but can have variable delivery times.
- If you need the ribbons within 6 to 10 business days, we recommend choosing the Express Delivery option for peace of mind.
- If Express Post is selected during checkout, we will use Australia Post Express Post or overnight courier.
- You will receive an email with a valid tax invoice for GST when your order is despatched. For Express Post and courier delivery, the tracking number will be included on the invoice.
- We are focused on choosing the best method for you – please contact us or include a note in your order if you would like us to use a particular service.
Absolutely! If the shipping method supports tracking, we’ll include the tracking number in the email we’ll send you as the items are dispatched.
This email will also include a copy of your tax invoice.
If delivery of your order is taking longer than expected, please contact us and we’ll do our best to track down your package and get your order, especially if it was sent via a trackable shipping method.
Australia Post envelopes are used for small orders to keep costs down and are not trackable, unfortunately.
In the extremely unlikely event that you are not satisfied with your order, please contact us as soon as possible. We will make every effort to make sure you are 100% satisfied.
For the sake of presenting a complete returns policy, our formal return conditions are:
Returns accepted within 60 days.
If order must be returned, return postage is at buyer’s expense.
Replacement or refund at buyer’s choice, not including return postage
In the past few years we have made a number of improvements to reduce our impact.
- For our pennants, changing from ink based on banner paste (thick paint) mixed with mineral turpentine to modern plastisol ink with a lower footprint. Still petroleum based, unfortunately.
- For our ribbons, using Australian Permaset inks with lower transport miles and from a company with an excellent sustainability statement, available here.
- Changing from mineral turpentine to citrus based cleaners for removing plastisol ink from screens.
- Promoting the use of acetate satin for our screen printed and hot stamped ribbons. Acetate satin is made from cellulose, which in turn is obtained from wood pulp.
- All of our deliveries are carbon neutral, through Australia Post and Transdirect.
We are still looking to improve in the following areas:
- We would like to find a sustainable alternative to plastisol inks.
- We would like to find a sustainable alternative to the polyester microfibre ribbons.
If you can help, please contact us!